Apple Unveils Upcoming iPod touch
- Camera on the back has a mic, flash. 5 megapixel w/backside illumination, hybrid IR filter, five-element lens, f/2.4 aperture, w/autofocus, and Sapphire crystal.
- Supports AirPlay gaming via Apple TV. Virtual controllers, etc
- Bluetooth 4.0 w/LE, 802.11 a/b/g/n, same as iPhone 5,works on Siri as well .
- New device runs iPhoto for iOS.
- Video specs: shoots 1080p video, front camera does FaceTime HD w/720p
- Hidden button for a new feature called the "iPod Touch loop" Lets you attach a wrist strap to it.
5th generation model -- looks a whole lot like the old one from the front, except with the larger screen found on the iPhone 5. 6.1 mm thick, 88 grams. Thinnest and lightest iPod touch yet, Joswiak says.
Back is aluminum but not glossy.
Headphone jack is on the bottom left, also uses the new lightning connector
- iPod Touch has a longer screen
- Can view photos, and widescreen video. Big claps for that later item.
- Fitness and pedometer apps built in. Integrates with Nike+ out of the box, Joswiak says. Also Bluetooth.
- Lightning connector plugs in on the bottom left side.
- 30 hours of music playback.